Sunday, November 06, 2011

Ulva Island Seal



Talk about long walks I said to myself as we hit the beach, well not literally, at least. I put down my daypack with relief. Ah that was better! But then we had to do some work!


After the work we were allowed to go play, thank goodness! I was starting to think this was school not camp! I went up to the waves and saw a jellyfish!
I quickly stepped back in case the jellyfish came forward and stung me! When the wave went back I followed and saw two more Jellyfish!


We played around a bit then some one said ‘Seal’! I thought they were joking until I saw it myself!!!! It was huge (around the middle of course), five feet long approximately, two feet up or three, I think.
The parents told us to get back; we went back Rainbow came forward (We called it Rainbow)

Diana (the DOC officer who showed us around Ulva island) grabbed a broom and kept it at bay while the parents and the children escaped! A little while later we were talking about it excitedly while waiting for the boat. As we exchanged stories I thought it was a magical day.

No comments: