Friday, November 04, 2011

The great fishing trip IN STEWART ISLAND


Yum, yum, fish and chips for tea…! (Blue cod..)

Today the class and I are going fishing and to Ulva Island near Stewart Island. There are 2 groups for the day. Group 1 and Group 2. I am in Group 2 and we are going fishing first!!!!

As we left the wharf at Halfmoon Bay I thought to myself what are we going to catch? And were we going to catch them? The day ahead was going to be a fun one… for everyone.


As we got to Ulva Island Group 1 got ready to get off the boat and when they did the boat speed off into the great big puddle of water that we were going to catch our fish in today. Then we got to the place and on the side that my Dad and my friend Charlotte we had no luck with fish.


Next thing we knew we got company. Right  out of the blue were a giant flock of lets just say MOLLYMAWKS!!! They were big and bulgy and Abby and Charlotte and I named them ALL!!

Let the fishing begin…
The types of fish we caught

Text Box: Octopus Harry caught this 
Text Box: An ugly red fish that vomited. Yuck! We don’t know what it is calledText Box: Blue cod!!!! We all caught one at leastText Box: Barracuda my dad caught this




I caught three fish. Two I had to through back. I had one prefect one. I called it fat lip for obvious reasons.


The tea
The highlight of the day NOT! I do not like fish. It is not very tasty a lot of people did not like fish, not just me. A lot and I mean a lot people. I just had chips and that’s all……


BEDTIME!
THE THING MOST KIDS HATE BUT WE WERE TIRED AFTER FISHING AND WALKING SO I LAY  IN MY BED THINKING WHAT IT WAS GOING TO BE LIKE TOMORROW ON THE TRIP HOME BUT THAT IS ANOTHER STORY.

BY
   HAYLEY

No comments: