Sunday, November 06, 2011

Why to go to Stewart Island!!


 Everybody knows that a holiday would be nice and how often do you waste it on somewhere that is not cool when you get the chance? I reckon you should go to Stewart Island and this is why!

               Fishing trip

You could go on a fishing trip and you could catch a blue cod, red cod, barracuda and the even a Great White Shark if your lucky. When your not fishing look around at the cool place. However I would rather be on the end of a rod all the time.

               Ulva Island

If you have the chance to go to Ulva Island take it. You can see tui’s, wood pigeons, saddleback, weka and even the endangered Stewart Island Robin

         Re-potting of plants

This was one of my favourite things to do and if your like me you will enjoy it too. I will take you through the steps of how to do it. First you have to fill the new pot with dirt. Then hold the plant so the roots are in the pot. Finally put more dirt in around the plant. That’s how to re-pot plants.

Make plants from cuttings   
Now this is fun, man. I will take you through the steps. First cut little brushes of the main plant (Native plants like the Hebe) about ten cm long. Strip off half the leaves from the bottom. Then cut off half of the remaining leaves. Put the bottom of the stick into the hormone gel or powder.

I have given you four good reasons to go to Stewart Island. So don’t make a fuss, don’t delay and go to Stewart Island.

No comments: