Yay my first fish! Mmmmwwwaaaa, oow, I can’t believe I just kissed a fish and it tastes fishy hmmm I wonder why?!
We went fishing for Blue Cod at Stewart Island for our tea on the 29th of October 2011. But before we left we had to check our shoes for seeds and our back packs for rats because after we went fishing we were going to Ulva Island.
So on the boat we hopped and cruised over to Ulva Island to drop off the other group and then we headed off to our fishing spot. While we were on our way François (one of the crew, Tai is the other) was putting the bait on the rods and the bait was octopus. Yum not! Now let’s get fishing.
Wait I think I left something out…. Oh yeah we had to learn how to use the rod first and then we got started.
Ben caught the first fish but it was poisonous, Renee C caught the first keep-able fish.
It took me awhile before I caught my first one though and I kissed it for good luck and that worked because I caught 3 others and kissed them all. But the 4th fish was by accident I had just put my rod in when we were told to bring them back up because we were going back to Ulva to swap with other group. When I hauled my rod back up I had a
Whopper of a Blue Cod on the end and he was a keeper. Just as I was about to kiss whopper he vomited on me so I didn’t want to kiss him after that.
JWe also caught a barracuda and an octopus but as soon as the octopus saw us it let go! The Mollymawk stole a couple of fish off our rods as we were reeling them in. Bad birdie!
But we had a wonderful day and had enough tea and it was yummy.
By Patrice!J
No comments:
Post a Comment