Sunday, November 06, 2011

Fishing


The day has come the fishing trip has just started I just can’t wait to get my rod into my hands. Here I go brakes off splash. There it goes down into the deep blue sea.

Wow, how many fish are nibbling away at the octopus on my hook. They must love the octopus. With a big tug it’s hooked into the blue cod’s mouth.

Then I reel up the line. It’s hard to tell if there’s a fish on the line. The rod is bending a wee bit, so it must be a keeper. I can see the bait. Here it comes and it is on the boat. Yes it’s a keeper!

I do the same stuff again it’s on the bottom. I wind it a little bit and I put the brakes on and let the blue cod start eating the octopus.  Mum said “I think you’ve hooked another blue cod.” So I started to wind in the fish but the fish had eaten all the bait.

So I needed more bait but I got blue cod for bait this time. With blue cod as bait I caught 4 more blue cod.

By Sam Sherriff

No comments: