Tuesday, November 23, 2010



Kayaking @ camp

Splash! Look out below! Go that way no, not that way! You’re going the wrong way! I’ll go at the front this time! You’ll might be better at the back.

On camp we went ummmm, oh that’s it, I know now! Kayaking. First things first, the right clothing for the job wetsuits yay! The way we put them on was... we put our togs on, then our thermals on, then our wetsuits yay!

Now we are on the bus let’s get ready to rumble!
Were almost there because we’re in Cromwell
Yay we’re here! I wonder if someone will like to go with me in a double kayak

When we went upstairs at the Cromwell Aquatic Centre, which is near Lake Dustan for safety talk. They have kayaks and a mini sailboat. Troy had to put a lifejacket on and go on a catwalk.

Now we had to choose a lifejacket that would fit us and not come off, which is kind of the same thing. Next we get into one of the kayaks. Chanae and I went in a double kayak.

We’re off we had to paddle to this place where it was calmer than the other places because there were lots of waves and we didn’t want to fall out of our kayaks. Well I didn’t want to!

Chanae and I were not going good at all. Mrs Lieshout told me (Callum) to go in the front and Chanae to go at the back. Now we were going well because I knew what I was doing.

Finally we were there. We had to paddle to the little beach then we would get our next instructions for what we had to do next.

When Chanae and I got there I got out. But Chanae made the kayak roll over into the water (by the way she fell in the water as well)

Now we had to paddle over to this jetty. Then we had put our paddles on it. We had jump on to it and get the kayak onto it as well. The next step was to get the kayak and put it on the jetty so the front half of the kayak hung off it. We had to hop on it and hold our paddle above our head then..

We got pushed off the jetty on our kayak into the water and we had to try to paddle away. When everyone had a turn we would paddle to the sailing group.

I would say that kayaking definitely my favourite activity.

No comments: