Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gold panning.

Wow we’re going gold panning. I’m so excited I can’t wait.

When we got to the gold panning area I was all hyped up about finding gold I had … gold fever. First our teacher Angela showed us how to find gold in the pan and showed us how to use it and to make sure that our gold did not fall out of the pan.

When we got started we had to wash it out 10 times you had to be very patient to do gold panning. Bad luck for me because I’m not that patient! By the time I washed out my pan 10 times some people had already found some gold so, they were on to their second pan.

Once I had done that I had to carefully tip the stones out a few at a time. I had got to the bottom of my pan and there was no gold so I started my second pan and there was still no gold. I was on my third pan and was about to give up when I heard Mr Ford say that I was the only person that had not found any gold and some people have found 2 bits of gold.

So I decided to see the expert Angela. She helped me find some gold. I was really happy that I had found some gold in the end. I discovered how hard and boring it must have been for those goldminers.

By Mackenzie.

No comments: