High ropes
It’s almost time whipee!
I was so excited to go on the High Ropes. High ropes are wires attached to trees. There are activities on each section of the High Rope Course, such as walking across a log or a wire. What happens if you fall off the wire? Well you simply fall down all the way to the ground and there’s nothing there to catch you! Just joking. You are in a harness with ropes attached to it. At the end of the rope there is a cable that you can attach to the wires or pegs in the tree.
Okay enough about the facts time for the fun stuff (yay).
I climbed up the ladder I reached the red rung and heard a shout from down below. I looked down to see what was happening it was Mr Mclean (Brock’s Dad) telling me to hook up to the tree. I’d reached the start of the first activity.
I hooked on to the wires. I raced across the activity and the next ones until I came to a road block. I couldn’t move onto the next activity because Emily was on it. When I finally got onto that obstacle I found it extremely hard. You had to walk across these blocks of wood. You might not think that’s bad but did I tell you that they move backwards and forwards when you stand on them?
I had finally finished the rocking blocks (the previous activity) and had 3 more activities to go before I got to the start. So I scurried along the next obstacles and got to the start. Mr Mclean told me to do it again. This time when I got to the swinging blocks I caused the road block. Then my hardcore buddy Troy cheered me on.
When I reached the end and came down I felt proud of myself because I had conquered my fear of heights. I should have called myself Fear Conquerer because I had conquered a few fears on camp.
By Molly
No comments:
Post a Comment