Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kayaking


Kayaking at camp.

Finally Group 6 is up to kayaking. (Well that was our first thing we had to do)
Before we go to the lake we had to get into our wetsuit. Then we went in a car down to the lake. After the kayaks were out we had to get a life jacket and put it on.

Then we got a kayak and hopped in it. We got a paddle and we started kayaking. I got the soccer ball and we played soccer in the water.

The water was so warm even though there was a frost in the morning. We saw a dog down at the lake.

When you have never been kayaking before it is hard but then you start to get the hang of it. Boy your back gets really sore because you are not sitting that straight.

There are holes in the kayak to keep it balanced. Don’t worry you won’t fall out. Well it depends if you may fall out because you want too.  
  
The funny thing about kayaking was when Alex held on to the handles of my kayak and I started giving him a ride that was funny.

When you are kayaking and somebody crashes into you, you don’t fallout. All that happens is that you get pushed away from each other.

When I started kayaking I didn’t know how to kayak but then I found out how to do it. When we were kayaking we had a boundary that we where allowed up to. It was very big but we didn’t use the whole place.

My favourite part about kayaking was all of it. That was my first time doing it and I thought I was good at it for my first time doing it.    

Briana


Mathew Camp

Awesome!!!! My class, Room 9 is going to Bannockburn, The Heart Of The Desert for camp!!

Wow I have never been to Bannockburn before in my life. On the 13/3/2012 we headed to Bannockburn. There are so many things to tell you but I’m only going to tell you about my favourite thing, Kayaking.

On the 14/3/2012 we did a lot of activities that were involved run by Adventure Southland! My group, which was Cody, Elsie, Callum and Thamsyn were on Kayaking! Cody, Callum I and went in Alex’s Dad’s car to get to the lake. Elsie and Thamsyn went in Mr Forde’s car.

When we got to the lake we saw a dog and some kayaks. The dog barked at me when I got into the kayak. I started paddling into the lake and banged into Callum! As soon as I got away from Callum, Thamsyn banged into me! I almost fell out! After I got the hang of it I started trying to knock everyone off their own kayaks!

After chasing Callum, I saw Cody relaxing. I bet you know what I did then. If you said slam into him, you got that right. I started to paddle towards him. Unfortunately, he heard me coming so he paddled away but I was too fast for him. Eventually I hit him and he almost fell out of his boat!! I kept on slamming into Cody and Callum until Thamsyn fell out of her kayak!!!!!!!!! I didn’t slam into her at all and I didn’t see her fall out either.

After 15 more minutes it was time to go. I was sad because I didn’t want to go. But at least there will be another chance to go kayaking. While we were going back to the campsite I thought, “Man that was awesome, hopefully we can do that again”.

Mathew

No comments: