Wednesday, March 28, 2012

JET POWER


Biscuiting
At first Kayson and I were all set to go on the biscuit together but we were waiting for ages and ages. It was so boring but finally we got to go on. Mrs Lieshout said “ Go.” and we were off!  We were going so fast and we were going over big bumps. The wake from the boat was making the bumps. The faster the boat went the bigger the bumps.
                                     
When we went around the corners it was hard to hold on to the biscuit because they were driving the boat really fast. As we were heading towards the wharf I thought we were finished but we still had another lap to go. I was pleased because I didn’t want the ride to be over. Mr Armstrong was driving even faster.  That made the water was splash up on us hard. It was cold on our faces. The wind was in our ears and was whistling.  We were going over big bumps now.

It was cool and fun but when we went around the corners again it was hard to hold on. It made our hair all spiked. We almost fell off. Then we were going over bumps again it was soooo….. fun !!  When the boat was still moving Kayson and I jumped off the biscuit. We had wetsuits on so we thought they should be wet. The water was cold and the boat had to came back to get us. They helped us get back onto the biscuit and then we were finally finished.

 I wish that we got to go back on again but the boat was out of fuel.




                                      Rohan


                 BISCUTING AT THE LAKE
Today Room 9 arrived at camp so after unpacking blah blah blah and then some afternoon tea blah blah blah Room 9 got on the bus to go obviously BOATING

Waiting, waiting man this is so boring X10000. I hope I get picked soon for a go on the Big Mable or the biscut Hey, Erik has just got off the biscuit. Maybe he’ll give his life jacket to me. HORRAY! He did give it to me now it’s just a matter of time, of WAITING……

It’s going to be EPIC biscuiting. Now Cody’s on it so he gets 2 laps. I only have to wait about 4 min maximum.
4 MINUTES LATER woo-hoo! It took 3 paragraphs but now it’s time.

So I’ve just got on and I’m waiting for Mr. Cahill to start the boat. You think you start slower than a turtle (well you do) for 2 seconds but after that short time you go
X-tremely fast. Then you get up to the first corner I thought you would fall over simple as pie but with enough strength you don’t fall off but it’s harder then it looks from the wharf.

Man the first corner was tricky so now it’s easy? NO IT’S NOT! There were so many waves not actual waves, not small waves, waves strong enough too bounce me into the air. So now it’s easy time to just wait and sit.

Again NO the hardest part is the 2nd corner because you do a HUMUNGOUS sharp turn. It’s worst than the first by far. But anyway after that you’re on your last lap but at least I knew what to expect this time.

After a long bumpy ride around the lake it was time to get off the biscut. That was so fun X1000000000000 so I tried to go on again but luckily mostly everyone wanted to go on Big Mable.

Took a while but I got a second go on the biscut. So 2 laps later last corner I head for ultimate fun, I just did a barrel-roll off the biscuit. Also what’s the point in having a wetsuit when it doesn’t get wet?

By Mike 


Biscuiting

Ahhhhh, I said out in the fresh air. Room 9 was on their first school camp. We had just arrived at the camp and unloaded from the bus. We assembled in the dining room area and Mrs Lieshout told us to go and get our wetsuit, togs and polyprops on. We all wondered why. She told us we were going boating!

We all hopped out of the bus and lined up along the jetty. “Rylee” said Mr Forde “Do you want to go?” “YES!” I replied. I picked Ella. We went over and got a life jacket. Once we had found one that fitted us we went and sat down by the other people. It was fun watching the other people on the biscuits. But sometimes it was a bit boring waiting. It was worth it, though.

Finally, it was our go and we hopped on. I expected the Big Mable to be soft like a pillow. But it was actually hard like a board. However, it was still soft on top. Mrs Lieshout pushed us out a bit. Then we told Mr Armstrong that we were ready to go. RRRRUUUUMMMM the boat went. Wow! It felt weird at first but we got use to it. I said to Ella “Look I can do no hands.” Weeeeee! Oh no here comes a corner. I quickly put my hands back on and Ahhhhhh. We were out of the wave.

I told Ella that hopefully, when we went around the corner, we would go back in but sadly we didn’t. Ahhh we nearly fell off but we didn’t. Ella yelled “This is so much fun.” I said, “I definitely agree.” When Mr Armstrong slowed down he slowed down so fast that we fell forward and fell off. I hated falling off. It was freezing!!!

When we got back I was cold so I went and got my towel. I wrapped myself up in it and I started to warm up. In the end we went back to camp and had yummy lasagne for tea



By Rylee

Biscuting

“Wow, the water is so clear.” I said to Antony. We were hopping out of the bus to go biscuiting. It was Room Nine’s first school camp.

We all went and sat down by the river. I dipped my feet in, ahhh nice. Mrs Lieshout was calling people to go on the Big Mable. I put my hand up straight away but she didn’t pick me so, I put my hand up the next time. Yay I got picked. I picked Antony to go on with me.

As I got on the Big Mable I thought it would be the last thing I would do, considering Mr Armstrong was driving. The boat started its engine and I knew this was the end. I said my prayers.

Jake

No comments: