Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Climbing Wall




On Wednesday 14th of March it was the Adventure Southland Day at camp Bannockburn. We were doing a whole heap of things like high ropes, kayaking, slug guns, (which was one of my favourites) and vertical bungy jump.

But the one that was one of my very favourite was rock climbing (of course you probably knew that already). It was hard but really fun and my dad was the one helping. What are the odds of that? There were two climbing walls. One looked easy but the other one was another story (Not really!). So I put one hand on the highest handle I could reach and put my foot on the closest one I could find. Then I went off. All you really needed to do was one foot up then one hand up and just keep doing that. It was quite easy but the thing was when you get to the top and look down it makes you feel a bit sick.

 But then someone called out “Hold on to your rope and jump.” And that’s when it got me. I was thinking is he mad but I did what he told me to do and jumped. It was freaky but really fun and when I hit the ground I nearly fell over. But it was totally worth it!   

Finley

No comments: