THE HUGE FIRE
I saw a massive grey cloud hanging over Sacred Heart, and ashes were falling out of the sky, what was Mother Nature up to? I smelt burnt toast, but then I realised this mysterious weather was coming from a bomb fire!
I was sitting at my desk my mind full of questions, until Mrs Lieshout suddenly called all 31students to the mat; she told us that we were going down to the bomb fire, a rush of excitement ran through my body.
Room 9 ran down to the back of the school (including Mrs Lieshout) and over the fence there was a colossal fire, ROOOOOM went the machines CRAAACK went the fire, then a SWISH of warm breeze went on my face which made me stand back. CRACK CRACK CRACK it reminded me of roasting marshmallows and the crackling noise of popcorn.
It started to rain ashes I touched one and it fell to pieces it felt like baking flour. The great big machines were putting more branches on so there was more smoke because the oxygen couldn’t get to the fire.
I saw Room 2 walking back so I knew we were going soon too. We ran back to class. I had one last glance at the incredible fire.
By Abby
Bonfire
WOW! As I put my bag on the hook I looked up and saw a bonfire going on. Half the school was down there. I unpacked my bag and started to go down to have a look and the bell rung. Oh! It’s too late.
I went into class and sat down on the mat for prayers. After prayers we waited for everyone to get to school but everyone was already there. So we started walking down to the bonfire.
As we walked down it seemed to get hotter and hotter and bigger and bigger.
When we got down there something fell on my head it was an ash. Ashes were flying everywhere! There were different sounds in the fire such as cracking branches, loud roaring engines, crackling and loads of others but I’ve forgotten them.
Mostly every teacher had their camera out taking photos and videos. The huge orange flames were making big bad clouds of smoke, which was polluting the air. That is bad.
Finally it started to get cold, the smell of smoke started to go and the school started to go back to their classes. The excitement left the air, which was sad.
When we got back to class we all started talking about it till Mrs Lieshout told us what to do next. Oh! Work!
By Georgia
BONFIRE!!!
Wow look at those flames they must be six feet high, if not more!
On Wednesday the sixteenth of February I came to school and standing with the bags were Mrs TK and Mrs Lieshout looking out the window. So I decided to have a look and I saw a BONFIRE!!!
So quick as a flash, I raced into the classroom threw my drink bottle on my desk and sprinted to the fence. I saw the bonfire it had green flames, orange flames and red flames, which looked like they could touch heaven.
There was loads of smoke it was so hot and it felt so hot and it smelt like a barbecue for some strange reason. Then the bell clanged. I heard the last crackle and left.
We went into class and Mrs Lieshout said we could go out and watch. The truck was putting tree after tree into the fire making loads of black smoke.
It was pretty cool because when I came to school I thought the school was on fire. Well that’s what it looked like from the car park. I wouldn’t of cared one way or another.
It was pretty exciting though because it’s not every day there’s a bonfire at the school
BY AIDAN
1 comment:
Wow Aidan!
I'm impressed. Excellent piece of writing.
Post a Comment