Thursday, September 05, 2013

Persuasive Argument

Persuasive writing is a form of writing where the writer is trying to make you (persuade you) to do or think something from their point of view. This has been familiar to Room 9 students as we have been doing persuasive writing for the past few weeks. Check out our writing and point of view on a range of subjects on this post.

-->
Why every house should have a waterslide for FREE!
I think that every house should have a waterslide for FREE!! But sadly not everybody thinks the same thing. So I am going to prove that everyone should.



*   If kids swim when their younger they will be more familiar with it when their older and the parents won’t have to worry about them swimming when their older.



*  Have you ever yelled at your kids because they watch too much TV I know my parents have. But this idea is the solution, kids can’t resist an awesome waterslide.



*  Most kids after a hard day of school are too hot and need to cool off but you can’t go to the pool. So this is the solution.





In conclusion I believe that every house should have a waterslide for free but I bet all you smart people already knew that


Why you should do jobs at home?

Do you like doing your jobs at home well I don’t. But one reason why you should do jobs at home because you can get pocket money, and then you can buy something you really want to buy. 

Another reason is you can get experience for when you go flatting or get a house You will know how to clean your flat or house properly.  It can help you to look after your flat or house because if you don’t clean your flat or house it will get really messy and disgusting. 

So that’s why you should do jobs at home.  
Bridie 


Why Students Shouldn’t Bring Their Own Technology Devices to School.
Beep, beep, beep. It’s time for your daily quiz! What was that!?Detention! Uh no! Can I take a rain check?
Do you want that to happen to you? The answer is no! So what I was saying is firstly, technological devices can disturb the class, with the sounds and the noises and sometimes they even shines and glows. This might mean you might get detention.
Secondly they can take up a lot of time putting it away and you might even be late! And as I said before you might get detention!
Lastly, the device could get stolen or lost or even broken This could be because you could leave it in your bag on your hook. and someone could bang it and possibly break it. Or they could open your bag and steal it or you could lose it.
So it’s bad because it can be lost or stolen or broken. It’s  also terrible because you could get disturbed by the sounds or it could cause you to be late for class. So that’s why students shouldn’t bring their own technology devices to school.
Janelle

 
-->
Why Rugby is More Fun and Skillful than Netball    

Have you ever had that feeling of defending everyone off you and running down the one hundred meter field while your home crowd cheers for you? Well you can by playing the most skilful game in the world. Well at least more skilful then netball.

The reason I think rugby is more skilful and fun than netball is because rugby is fun! And it’s good exercise too. Also if you’re lucky you can ask your coach what position you want to be and you can. In rugby you’ve got to love the feeling of having the ball or even scoring a try. You can just tell by your home crowd how good it is. They’re so proud of you.

Now to old boring netball. I’m surprised the people who play netball don’t get a headache or vomit when the crowd goes crazy with the clappers. It’s even annoying when you hear it on TV. Also the court is so small and it feels like the game keeps repeating over and over again.

 So that’s why I thing rugby is more skillful and more fun than netball. And one more reason why rugby is more skillful than netball is because you get to learn new stuff but in netball all you do is pass the ball.

By William 



Why Rugby is a more skilful sport than netball.

I think rugby is a more skilful sport than netball beause netball is kind of lazy rugby is not this is why

In netball if you have the ball you can only take one step and in rugby you can take as many steps as you want.

Also because some people say that because mostly boys play rugby they’re stronger and more skilful than girls. No offence girly, girls he he he.

You don’t tackle in netball BORING! In rugby you sometimes get broken bones which is a sign of hard work.

In rugby you’ve got to be able to catch, sprint fast, tackle, touch, kick, pass back, side step and be able to resist being sworn and yelled at. But in netball there is not as much to be prepared for.

So that’s why I think rugby is a more skilful sport than netball.
Logan M  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great persuasive arguments. A lot of very good points, I also like the humour included.
Mr Forde

Anonymous said...

Great persuasive arguments. A lot of good points and I especially like the humour.
Mr Forde