School swimming
Splash!! I just fell out of a boat in the middle of the lake what do I do? Well it’s getting rather cold so I will curl up and hold my legs and put my head underwater.
At the moment in Mrs Lieshout’s Group at school swimming we are learning how to survive if we fell out of a boat or something happened in the middle of the lake or the sea.
So far we have learnt the three body places we lose heat from if we fell in the water. They are our head, under our arms, and groin area.
We also learnt how to jump into the water properly with our life jackets. We have to cross our arms and tuck our hands under our life jacket and jump in feet first.
Also remember if you are with somebody else do not lose them and get into a group huddle and link arms so that you can keep all the heat in.
By Ella
1 comment:
Good work Elbo, i will have to chuck you off the boat to see if you remember what you have learnt
Dad
Post a Comment