Saturday, January 05, 2013

Rugby Arguments

-->
 Room 9 are learning about persuasive writing. These are our first attempts. The TOPIC was IS RUGBY THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD Please leave a comment about our arguments.

Why rugby is the worst sport in the world!!!!

Hi my name is Isabella and I’m here to persuade you why rugby is the worst sport in the world!!

Why do people always go on about rugby?
Like every night on the news they always talk about rugby.
Why can’t they say something about netball? It’s way more, fascinating.

If rugby was that amazing it would be in the Olympic Games, it isn’t even a world wide sport like soccer now that’s the second best sport in the world, and played way more.

All rugby is, is running around in a uniform holding a ball and jumping on people and getting all sweaty. Why would anyone want to do that???

So that’s why I think rugby is the worst sport in the world. I hope I have persuaded you to think the same thing!! Isabella

-->
Rugby is the best sport in the world because I play rugby and it’s a really cool sport.

Rugby is a good sport because you learn and get better each time you play.

Rugby is an awesome sport. Because it’s a dangerous game but if you know the skills, it isn’t.
ANTONY 

-->
Why Rugby is not the best Sport in the World.

Some people have obviously not thought about all the consequences in Rugby.

Well one of the reasons I don’t want play Rugby is that can happen to you when you play rugby. Like some people can break bones and get really bad injuries when you are in a scrum or being tackled.

Remember that if you want to be a rugby superstar when you get older you have to remember that rugby is not an Olympic sport or a popular sport. Volley Ball and Hockey are way more popular than rugby.

Think about all the other fun sports that you could play instead of BORING old rugby. Like you could play netball netball, hockey, and softball plus
there’s heaps more.

Now you probably know to think twice about playing rugby!           
                     By Ella
-->

Why Rugby is Uncool
Crouch, touch, pause now stop stay there
So I can tell you why rugby is a uncool sport.

I have so many reasons for why rugby is uncool but I will only tell you two at the moment.

So get into a good position because 
this will take a while.

Reason number one is that it so long. Why does it have to be 40 mins each way? Why can’t it be 30 mins each way because how would you feel if you were at a game and it started to rain. You might have to stay in the cold for maybe the whole game and that wouldn’t be cool.

Reason number two is that when the game finishes it doesn’t finish straight away. Some times they go for a extra four mins. I think when the clock strikes full time they should just stop.
Blow the whistle, game over yay!

So they were my two reasons why rugby is uncool. So if anyone wants to start playing rugby, stop and read my story first. It might just change your mind. Georgea

-->
Rugby is the best sport in the world!
 Mud slide! Flesh hitting flesh by hard tackles. Rugby is the best because you have the best time of your life. You get so tough. If everybody played rugby no more bullies. So what if you get hurt when you play rugby if you get hurt that’s good you still have fun.
You get the ball and RUN, PASS, DEFFEND, SCORE! What a try I’m proud of that guy. If your dad is a gigantic rugby fan your relationship will go through the roof!  And poof. Remember kids have a try and you might be lucky to get a try. Kayne 
-->

Why rugby is the best sport in the world. 
 Rugby is the best because you can hurt people by tackling them. It makes you real fit then you won’t be fat. Also you get real muddy and wet. So everybody say rugby is the best sport in the world.


                              BY Liam

-->
Rugby is not the Best Sport in the World
 Well if you think rugby is the best sport in the world you are crazy. I will tell you why?
 You can get hurt badly. It is not fun. It is always on TV. You have to be trained to play too.
 Girls play rugby but some girls don’t lots of boys play rugby. If you watch rugby too   much on TV you will get square eyes. And you make your poor family stand in the cold and just watch you run around the field tackling each other and falling on the ground like crazy. I would not be bothered. You have to be a really good and fast runner. You will have to tackle people a lot too.

Thank you for listening this was Lucy live.

-->

Why Rugby isn’t the best sport in the world

Hi I’m Hannah I’m here to tell you why rugby isn’t the best sport in the world.
For example to get into a good rugby team you have to be good at:
Running 
You have to be good at running to defend the ball.
Ball skills
You have to be good at ball skills to catch the ball and throw the ball
Concentration
You have to be good at concentrating to keep a good eye on the ball.
I think we all know not everyone is good at all those things.

When you play Rugby you can get into fights with your opponents then you can get injured. I’ve seen a seven year old get into a fight at Rugby and he only plays Ripper Rugby.

When you play Rugby you can get injured lots. Heaps of people get injured in Rugby.
Here is a list of things that are injuries you can get from:
Broken jaw
Pulled muscles
Dislocate your shoulder knee or elbow

So next time you go to play Rugby think twice before you do.
Hannah

-->
Rugby is a Bad Sport!
I’m here to tell you why you shouldn’t play rugby.
Rugby is a bad sport because it’s not even in the Olympic Games. Sometimes you get badly injured by people barging at you. Oh and don’t even get me started about how the parents have to pay for everything like the mouth guard, rugby pads and the rugby boots. They have to buy Canterbury tops and pants. So I think if you want to play rugby you should pay for it yourself and give the parents a break.  That’s why I think rugby is a bad sport.
BY Nellie Boyle

-->
                     RUGBY IS A GREAT SPORT               
Rugby is the best forget about the rest. Rugby is a great sport. It’s good because you can get really fit from running heaps. So it’s really good for you. In rugby you can practice running tackling passing kicking and side stepping.
 You can get fresh air from playing outside. You won’t be left out. It’s every Saturday so you have something to do in the weekends instead of sitting inside and watching TV. and you will always have fun.
 You will make new friends and you can versus your friends, tackle your friends. Then you can talk to your friends when you have finished. You can also get player of the day and win trophies.
BY KAYSON      
-->

Rugby is not the best Sport in the World

Rugby is not the best sport in the world because you can get injured and go to hospital just because you have played a game of rugby!  You can also get really muddy and can ruin your clothes because you can’t wash mud off. 
Sometimes people can kick the ball on the roof and you have to buy another ball and it will waste money. I don’t think you will want to waste money on a rugby ball. You would not want a dint in your roof either, because it could waste more money on that too and it could cost lots.  Rugby is not an Olympic sport either.  Next time when you want to play rugby you should think of what other sports you could play like netball, swimming, horse riding and lots, lots, of others.        By Monique

-->
Rugby is not the best Sport in the World.

Some helpless people have been hypnotized by this sport rugby. Some people live for rugby and I would know because my brother and dad live for rugby. Do you see rugby in the Olympics because I certainly don’t? And I’m just getting started when I’m finished you’ll think twice on rugby. 
Don’t even get me started on the commentators the games.Rugby is BORING enough as it is. We don’t need someone screaming at us when there is a try, were not dumb and blind. 
All rugby does is get people to spend money on bets, going to the games, plane tickets to get their  and rugby merchandise. Don’t even think about talking about the players. For instance Sonny Bill Williams is just in it for the money. He’s going over to Japan to play for them. And Dan Carter is useless, he’s always injured. The people who play are at great risk. Why would you even bother? I have to go out to my brother’s rugby ever Saturday and its cold wet and NOT FUN.
 By Emma 
-->

Rugby is the best sport in the world

Well simply why wouldn’t someone like rugby it is the most fun sport I know of, and its super addicting unlike netball. Rugby is good exercise so play a game of rugby a day and you’ll be fit in no time.

Rugby isn’t just fun to play, it is fun to watch to!! The reason it isn’t popular with some people is because they probably never watched it or played it or never even heard of it.

And about that phoney “its very dangerous don’t play it” it’s not even one of the 30 most dangerous sports in the world. So rugby is actually not that dangerous. I think it is less dangerous than riding a bike.

Rugby requires much more skill than most sports I’ve seen; like sucky netball, touch rugby, and swimming.

This is why I think rugby is the best sport in the world.

-->
RUGBY IS THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD!!!

Why isn’t rugby one of the Olympic games sports? If you ask me it should be one. 

I know people (girls) say you can get hurt but you take risks to achieve things the All Blacks took a risk and trained hard and WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!!! 

Now don’t even get me started on netball what is the point in it. Only 50 countries play net ball and 120 countries play rugby. The Rugby World Cup is waaay bigger than the Netball World Cup.  

Boys that want something rough to play and rugby is the game for them to be rough. And New Zealand is the best at it. The All Blacks are the best at it. Their coach is a.k.a upside down smile is alright too.
  
-->
Rugby is the Best Sport in the world                                  
Ok there’s some things I heard around the school and I’m here to tell you that they are wrong. Swimming and netball are not the best sport in the world ………RUGBY IS THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD or should I say UNIVERSE. 
There’s no doubt about it, who doesn’t like hearing cracking bones or skin clashing together. You don’t see that in swimming and with rugby it’s suspenseful and exciting. 
Even rugby haters have to agree and there are so many kinds of rugby like Super 7’s, league then my favourite nationals.  There are so many teams like All Black’s , Crusaders , Hurricanes , Highlanders , Chief’s and Blues. But when you play netball you cant even run with the ball and with swimming all it is 5 or 6  people swimming down lanes a couple of times.
 I’m being real when I’m saying if you go against rugby you go against New Zealand. Rugby isn’t a Olympic sport but I like to think rugby is to cool to be a Olympic Sport. Finley 
                                                                                                                                                                                
-->
Rugby is obviously the best sport in the world because it’s a huge game. If it isn’t the best, then why do people all over the world watch it?

Also soccer is only kicking and catching. Boring! Netball is shooting the ball at a net. Basketball is the same. Both boring. Rugby has tackling, kicking, scoring tries and penalties. There are tons of details, which make the game so fun to watch and play. You have no idea who will win and all of the other sports? So last year. Mathew
                                                                              -->
Rugby is the Best!!!!!!
 Rugby is the best sport because you can get outside and get muddy. You also can get tackled. Why play an inside sport when you can get outside in the fresh air? You also have lots of fun.
 That’s why rugby is the best sport!!!
 By Harry.
-->
With a help from one boy and all the girls in Room 9. We decided that rugby is not the best sport in the world. My dad loves rugby he watches rugby every Friday and Saturday night. It is so BORING. 
 Commentators, don’t get me started. When he says that someone is going to the try line he talks so fast that you can’t even understand him. 
Some people for no reason starts a fight I mean for no reason. That person has issues. All they do in rugby is kick the ball this way and that way. Sonny Bill-Williams is going to Japan to pay rugby only for the MONEY. Quade Cooper is a traitor he’s in Australia playing rugby (and he is from New Zealand.) Some players are only there for the MONEY. Dan Carter should not even play he is always injured. Pulling his hamstrings. Have you thought about rugby is not good for you.  Briana

-->
Rugby’s the best sport in the world!!

Hello and my name is Callum. I’m here to tell you why rugby is the best sport in the world!!!

Rugby is the best because it requires a lot of skill. It can be dangerous but not really if you have the skills it takes to play.

Another way rugby is the best is because you get fresh air and you learn your lefts and rights better.   Callum

-->
Rugby isn’t the best sport in the world !!!!!!JJ

Hi I'm Thamsyn and I'm here to talk about why rugby isn’t the best sport in the world. Please tell your family and friends that rugby isn’t cool. Unless they like rugby.

In rugby you can get hurt really easily and yes you can break a bone. Do you really want to get badly hurt? No I didn’t think so and I would NOT let my friends get hurt.

I wish rugby never existed so then no one would get hurt.

Anyway netball is way better because you catch the ball and Goal Shoots and Goal Attack get to shoot the ball at the hoop.

In basketball you get to bounce the ball and then shoot the ball heaps.

In rugby all you have to do is just run and try not get tackled by the other team. Then score a try.

Here are some rules to get into a rugby team:
 Ball skills
 You have to be able to hold the ball tight.
 Running skills
 You have to be able to be fast at running.Thamsyn

-->
Why rugby is not the best sport in the world?

Have you ever been sitting there watching TV peacefully, than someone storms in gets the remote and changes it to boring rugby? Well I know how it feels. I’m going to tell you the really bad things about rugby.

Why is rugby so boring you ask? Well this is why. Have you heard the words touch pause and engage? Those words are so dumb what do you need to engage? 

Rugby is a very dangerous sport you can get a lot of injuries so, I would not want to play? Why  are all those penalties and the game is just so complicated. The game is so long and I bet is fun standing there in the cold for 2 hours... Not!

If you want to play rugby think again do you know how boring rugby is? I wonder if you might need to think a few times or maybe a lot before you start playing rugby so if you like rugby I can tell you that your wrong!

By Caelan  

-->
Why rugby is the best sport in the world
 Some people think some sports are better than rugby.
But I am here to tell you they’re wrong. First of all,
Rugby is the best sport because it helps you get fit faster. Rugby can also help you practice throwing, kicking, catching,
Running and tackling.     

-->
Why Rugby isn’t the best Sport in the World

Rugby isn’t the best sport in the world because some girls cant play without being judged. I mean come on some Girls should be able to play Rugby if they want it's so unfair.

Think about the poor Mum's having to wash all your clothes. The last thing Mums would want to do on the weekends is clean all the mud off your clothes.

It's easy to slip over and think of the horror of the crowd. You could easily slip over and go to hospital I bet your thinking how? (if possible)(Well you can slip over then people might not see you and they might run over you. That’s how.)  

What if you miss a goal you can get really bullied then you might not have any friends left now that’s sad.

It's very easy for the other team to win (even if that happens in every game) but that would be disappointing 

And that’s why I thing Rugby isn’t the best Sport in the world.

BY SAMANTHA
       
-->
WHY RUGBY ISN’T THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD!
People say rugby is the coolest sport in the world.
Well HA they’re W. R. O. N. G. wrong!
 Rugby is dangerous, you can get smashed when you get tackled. You may even break your neck and get hanging limbs or worse than that!
 Why do people even play rugby I mean they only get muddy, and they run up and down and up and down an enormous field!
 Rugby is pointless, take swimming for instance it can save your life but rugby can only injure you more.
 So those are all the great reasons why rugby isn’t the best sport in the world! Rugby is 2nd best to swimming! 
                                         By ErikJ
 
                                                



No comments: